Art’s research focuses on three areas: (i) incorporating fibre attributes into enhanced forest inventories, (ii) modelling the tree growth and fibre attributes with the IVY individual tree growth model, and (iii) developing silvicultultural treatments for black spruce and boreal mixedwoods.
- B.Sc. (Forestry), University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, 1979
- M.Sc. (Forestry), Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, ON, 1981
- Ph.D. (Agrometeorology), University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, 1992
- Member, Canadian Institute of Forestry
- Associate Editor, The Forestry Chronicle
- Adjunct Professor, Lakehead University
- Peatland black spruce (On-going)