Remote Sensing Research Scientist
Northern Forestry Centre
5320 122 Street Northwest
Edmonton, Alberta, T6H 3S5
Tel.: (780) 435-7204
- Integrates geospatial technologies to map and monitor land cover, forest structure and composition, and natural (e.g., fire, insect outbreaks) and anthropogenic (forestry, oil and gas) disturbances in support of forest ecosystems and climate change science and policy.
- Develops theories, methods and tools to (i) automatize the production of geographic information from remote sensing imagery from local to regional scales; and (ii) assess its accuracy.
- MSc Forest engineering, 1990 (Technical University of Madrid, Spain)
- MSc, Environmental Impact Assessment, 1991 (Complutense University of Madrid)
- PhD, Remote Sensing, 2003 (Technical University of Madrid)
- Date modified: