Forest Communities Program
- Program description
- Background on the Forest Communities Program
- About the Forest Communities Program
- Forest Communities Program sites
- Contact us
The Forest Communities Program (FCP) assists community-based partnerships to develop and share knowledge, strategies and tools to adjust to forest sector transition and to take advantage of emerging forest-based opportunities. The FCP is a $25-million, 5-year program that funds 11 sites across Canada, as well as national projects. The FCP community partnerships are located in defined geographic areas at a regional scale and include a mix of urban, rural and Aboriginal communities.
The FCP seeks to:
- develop new forest-based economic opportunities
- facilitate capacity building and engagement of communities
- promote and share integrated, multi-sectoral approaches to forest management and
- share best practices and information with forest communities across Canada and around the world
The community-based organizations funded through the FCP were selected in 2007 through an open and competitive proposal review process. No new funding applications are being accepted at this time.
For additional information, please consult the Forest Communities Program Newsletter.