Canadian Forest Service employee directory
Integrated Risk Modeller
Atlantic Forestry Centre
26 University Drive, P.O. Box 960
Corner Brook, Newfoundland and Labrador, A2H 6J3
Tel.: (709) 637-4914
- Joined the Canadian Forest Service in 2009
Areas of Interest :
- Forest landscape management modeling
- Spatial wood supply analysis
- Ungulate browsing impacts on forest development
- Experimental and modelling study on air pollution and extreme weather impacts on forest condition
- Forest Carbon Management
- Modeling software development (object-oriented design with modern programming languages)
- Visiting Scientists Fellowship from Natural Science and Engineering Research Council of Canada (2001–2003)
Current Research Projects
(in collaboration with University of New Brunswick, College of The North Atlantic, US Forest Service, Parks Canada, and Newfoundland Forest Service):
Forest Productivity and Dynamics
- Spatial modeling of wood supply analysis versus wildlife habitat objectives
- Spatial simulation of forest landscape disturbance and succession
- Integrated assessment of landscape management on wildlife habitat and forest carbon stock
Climate Change Adaptation
- Investigation of soil nutrient availability and stand characteristics across the NL Climatic Transect.
- Simulation of forest regeneration establishment and biomass across the NL Climatic Transect.
- Modeling forest dynamics after stand-replacing disturbances by insects and timber harvest.
- Calibration of CBM3-CFS model to local condition at operational level based on field investigation for all tree species (include shrubs) to improve the accuracy of carbon accounting in terms of stand-level forest management.
- M.Sc. in Biology (1990), Shandong Normal University (China)
- Ph.D. in Forestry and Environmental Management (2001), University of New Brunswick
- New Brunswick Association of Registered Professional Foresters
- Canadian Institute of Forestry