Senior Research Scientist
Pacific Forestry Centre
506 Burnside Road West
Victoria, British Columbia, V8Z 1M5
Tel.: (250) 298-2310
- leads the development of a National Forest Carbon Accounting System for Canada and
- research focuses on the impacts of natural disturbances, forest management and land-use change on forest carbon budgets.
- Ph.D. (Forest Ecology) University of British Columbia, 1989; Diplom-Holzwirt, University of Hamburg, 1982.
For the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) :
- coordinating lead author for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report on Good Practice Guidance for Land use, Land-use Change and Forestry
- lead author for IPCC Special Report on Land use, Land-use Change and Forestry
- lead author for the 2006 IPCC National Greenhouse Gas Inventories Guidelines: Agriculture, Forestry, and Other Land Use
- lead author IPCC Fourth Assessment Report, Working Group 3 Mitigation
- expert contributor to the Science Statement on Current Scientific Understanding of the Processes Affecting Terrestrial Carbon Stocks and Human Influences upon Them. IPCC Expert Meeting Report, Geneva, Switzerland (2003).
- Forest Industry Lecture Series, University of Alberta - Fall 2009
- Sinks & Sources: The Role of Forests in Carbon Sequestration... and Why It Matters - 2011 Forest at Risk Symposium, Aspen Colorado
- Adding spatially explicit modeling capability to the CBM-CFS3: Prince George pilot project (On-going)
- Date modified: